Serological Test Information
Our serological tests are a reliable alternative to intradermal tests to determine the allergens responsible for allergic disease. These tests have a high sensitivity and specificity: the lgE present in the serum of the allergic animal are measured using monoclonal antibody with high-affinity for IgE. (Afnor Standard N° NFU47-019).
Advantages of serological testing
- Suitable for Cats, Dogs and Horses.
- Blood sample possible even when animal is under corticoid treatment.
Sending of Tests:
Padded envelopes containing a test tube a Request for Analysis Form will be sent to you on simple request:
- 1ml of serum or plasma is required in a dry tube
- Complete the Request for Analysis Form, with stamp of clinic.
- Send by post to Laboratoire Destaing