Instructions for Use
- Place the IQ Ultra patch chamber on a table or use the IQ application device (figure 7). Take one of the perforated corners situated to the left or the right of the chamber. If you are using the the application device, proceed with steps 2 and 3, and slide the chamber into the device.
- Bend the each of the perforated corners and break.
- Pull back the tape gently until all chambers are revealed. Do not detach the tape from the plastic cover.
- Apply the liquid haptens, beginning with the chamber at the right hand top. Fill the other chambers. Once the chamber is positionned on the back of the patient, remember that the right and left are reversed: the chamber at the right hand top becomes the first left.
- Take the adhesive in one hand and the protective cover in the other (figure A5). Place the adhesive on the back of the patient from bottom to top (figure 6). Ask the patient to lean slightly forward so that the chambers can be applied. Press down with the palm of the hand for about 5 seconds (figure A6). The pressure and the warmth of the hand will reinforce the adhesion. The edge of each chamber is covered with a protective adhesive which will ensure optimale adhesion to the skin, and avoids leaks of product from the chambers. No further reinforcement with external adhesive is required. The patient can continue with their professional activities and also physical activities with moderation.
When applying liquid haptens, apply a drop of the test solution to the filter paper in the chamber (about 25 µl). The amount should be just enough to properly moisten the filter paper. When preparing the tests in advance, do not prepare the liquid haptens (fragrances or acrylate) use before applying the test to the patients skin.
The tests should be applied if possible on the upper part of the back. If several series must be tested apply the tests in 2 horizontal bands of 4-5 each one. In certain cases, other parts of the body can be used, such as the upper part of the arm. Greasy skin should be cleaned before use.
Mark each of the upper and lower left corners of each unit or the 4 corners using a Skin Marker Chemotechnique. On the results sheet indicate the number and the name of each of the haptens, beginning with the chamber situated on the top left.
The chambers should be removed after 48h. The chambers should be removed in one diagnol swift movement so as to avoid uncomfort to the patient and not leave adhesive on the skin (figure A8). The marke left on the skin by each chamber with a slight irritation must be considered as a sign of occulsion. IQ Ultra are completely recyclable.
Reading of test should be made 3 or 4 days after the appliction. On the 3rd day a slight irritation might be obseverved on certain patients who have sensitive skin which has been caused by the adhesive. Certain hospitals and clinics take a reading the day after the chambers have been removed. Simply wait until the irritation and the mark of the chambers has disappeared before reading. Reading plates are available to facilitate the tests.
In most cases a second reading is necessary, one week after the chambers have been removed. Risk of irriation should be avoided on the area of skin tested eg. bras. Scratching should also be avoided in case of a positive reaction.
The patient should avoid taking any cortisone based medication and avoid exposition to sun during the tests.
The interpretation of results, signs hereunder can be used :
- ? Doubtful reaction
- + Weak positive reaction (Erythema, Papules)
- ++ Strong positive reaction (Erythema, Papules, Discrete vesicles)
- +++ Extreme positive reaction (Bullous or ulcerative reaction)
- IR Irritant reaction